Tuesday

The world can be nice

Today was a surprising day. I have been down the dumps for the past few weeks because I'm unemployed. I keep applying for companies that I see myself in yet I easily get discourage because it's more common to get rejected than get hired. Moreover the waiting part of it all pretty sucks. You wait for calls one to three weeks after your interview - sometimes they don't even bother calling you.

Earlier today I was set to another interview in a publishing company. I kinda sucks that my interviewer had to reschedule on the last minute (when I was already there). "No worries" I said to myself and board the train on my way home. I was thinking that if I really want something and exert effort I can get it. Because the moment you decide to put yourself out there with no hesitations - the universe will align thus propelling you to greatness. Sometimes you get rejection, in my case six out of nine. Well opportunity will evidently come to anyone.


As I was on the rain my phone rang. It was a call from one of the early companies that I applied for. A reputable financial industry. I wasn't able to hear her clearly so I asked her to call me back a bit later. Moments later I got a text message from another company asking me to report for an interview with the manager. I have to make room for my schedule since I have a pending interview as well for my postponed meeting with the aforementioned publishing industry.

When I got home, I was able to talk to the caller earlier and she's securing me for a post in their company.

This was a great day. I hope tomorrow will be another great day.

I'm not a religious person but I'd link to thank my guiding force.