Wednesday

Another day in the life of the unemployed

If you are looking for work and has no job you are part of the technical definition of the unemployed. That's something I learned in my three year stay in college (yes I once consider myself smart). I took Economics as my major and finished early with latin honors under my belt thank you very much.

But how come I find it very difficult to get employed? I just crossed out a name out of my potential employers's list yesterday (now I only have two left - actually it might turn to one by the end of the week as I flunk the exam of the other company, so much for being smart).

So basically I tend to rant for a couple hours and search for possible jobs in the net. I tend to get discourage as most of them are way below or above my standards. I find it really difficult to start really. I get discouraged easily and tweet things or blog about how shitty my life is right now. It's been a month and a couple of days since I last became productive (actually doing something that gets me somewhere). I know I'm not lost, but getting to the next phase of your life is irritating - a lot of pressures.

I was able to talk to my mom yesterday. I shared her my frustrations and the pressure that I am feeling. She was pretty calm about things and understands where I am coming from hence she tells me to take my time on things. She told me that somewhere out there is the one job that is right for you - all you have to do is wait (and of course send your resumes to those big shot companies).

I forgot to ask her that regardless of the company - the work that I'm getting in such company is the one I have problem with. I have no idea what I want. When I entered college, I chose a business course because I am clueless of what to get. At least with "business" there's always room for employment relative to others (stupid belief I know). I finished the course with good grades. And know I'm thinking of the what ifs (what if I took the course in architecture because I always dream to be an interior designer). Ideals that will never be a reality. I just need to push and walk to the direction I chose.

My mom'ms parting words are, "Your self-worth diminishes depending on how you want to see yourself. You know yourself better than anyone and you know how far you can reach and do beyond anyone else so be confident with that knowledge, it will hold you through".

I guess I should just trust my instincts. I mean if I really don't want a job in this company I shouldn't take it. I know my options are not as much and I don't want to be picky yet at the same time I shouldn't sell my self short.

So yes to not sending my resumes to three companies that are urgently looking for data analysts and finance sales executive. I shall wait for the company that is for me - I sure hope it comes sooner to keep me sane.