Sunday

Skyscraper

This became your favorite song. Not because of Demi Lovato's singing chops but because of the cover version that I found and gave you.

We were listening to this song on your car after I forced you to give me a ride home - using your goodwill against you. Successful as I was, I was falling asleep as you were not talking much and listening to the song being played. All I wanted on that moment was to have more time with you. Wanted the night to never end. I guess I wasn't prepared when you asked me the meaning of the song. You started blurting out words trying to define the meaning of the song - more of translating the lyrics to our native language. Then we started laughing and I made a mental note of getting the song's meaning when I get the chance.

The night ended. We parted ways and I slept with a smile on my face. Such moments I want to relive over and over again. If only I could keep it in a bottle for safe keeping. A piece of me that gives reassurance that life can be better.

Experiences make a person, and with it we can manage to get up everyday and push through.